Welcome!

I'm James Maxey, the author of the Dragon Age fantasy series of Bitterwood, Dragonforge, and Dragonseed, the Dragon Apocalypse series of Greatshadow, Hush, and Witchbreaker, as well as the superhero novels Nobody Gets the Girl and Burn Baby Burn. I use this site to discuss a wide range of topics, with a heavy emphasis on cranky, uninformed rants about politics and religion and other topics that polite people attempt to avoid. For anyone just wanting to read about my books, I maintain a second blog, The Prophet and the Dragon, where I keep the focus solely on my fiction.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

When Push Comes to Shove

I saw this ad on World Net Daily this morning and it caught my attention, since it looked to me like a little girl about to push her brother off a cliff (albeit playfully). I thought at first I was seeing an inappropriate ad for some vacation spot, like the Blue Ridge Parkway, but then I read the text and discovered it was an inappropriate ad for higher education. "Attending our school is like getting shoved off a cliff!" is the message I'm getting here. But, of course, the real kicker turns out to be the final line in the ad. Since, when I think of Christ, the first thing that pops into my mind was his reputation for pushing children off of mountaintops.


1 comment:

Darkond said...

lolz!!!!!!11!!!!1!!!!!eleven!!!