Welcome!

I'm James Maxey, the author of numerous novels of fantasy and science fiction. I use this site to discuss a wide range of topics, with a heavy emphasis on cranky, uninformed rants about politics and religion and other topics that polite people attempt to avoid. For anyone just wanting to read about my books, I maintain a second blog, The Prophet and the Dragon, where I keep the focus solely on my fiction. I also have a webpage where both blogs stream, with more information about all my books, at jamesmaxey.net.

Instagram

Saturday, June 18, 2011

When Push Comes to Shove

I saw this ad on World Net Daily this morning and it caught my attention, since it looked to me like a little girl about to push her brother off a cliff (albeit playfully). I thought at first I was seeing an inappropriate ad for some vacation spot, like the Blue Ridge Parkway, but then I read the text and discovered it was an inappropriate ad for higher education. "Attending our school is like getting shoved off a cliff!" is the message I'm getting here. But, of course, the real kicker turns out to be the final line in the ad. Since, when I think of Christ, the first thing that pops into my mind was his reputation for pushing children off of mountaintops.


1 comment:

Darkond said...

lolz!!!!!!11!!!!1!!!!!eleven!!!