Welcome!

I'm James Maxey, the author of numerous novels of fantasy and science fiction. I use this site to discuss a wide range of topics, with a heavy emphasis on cranky, uninformed rants about politics and religion and other topics that polite people attempt to avoid. For anyone just wanting to read about my books, I maintain a second blog, The Prophet and the Dragon, where I keep the focus solely on my fiction. I also have a webpage where both blogs stream, with more information about all my books, at jamesmaxey.net.

Instagram

Monday, March 26, 2007

I'm not sure my voice is the strongest selling point for my book...

If you're interested, here's a link to Gail Z. Martin's site for her novel "the Summoner." She has a feature called "Ghost in the Machine," where she'll be holding conversations with fellow authors, and the author currently on deck is me. You can find the link here:

http://www.chroniclesofthenecromancer.com/page/page/3827767.htm

I confess, I'm not sure I come off well in interviews over the phone. I did several of them back when I was promoting "Nobody," and something about the telephone leaves me slow and halting. On the other hand, I think I'm pretty good at conventions on panels. When I can actually see the person I'm interacting with, I'm much better at reading them and listening to them and being able to play off what they are saying. On the phone, I feel more like I'm constantly figuring out what I'm going to say next.

Which isn't to say you shouldn't go listen to this thing... fortunately, Gail holds up her half of the conversation well.

No comments: